I, along with the rest of America, have developed quite an obsession with Tim Tebow. If you weren’t watching the Broncos/Patriots game yesterday, there better be a good reason. Even if you don’t like watching football, you’ve got to LOVE watching Tebow and the Broncos somehow pull through in the 4th quarter. So popular is this quarterback sensation that there was even a Tebow skit on SNL this past weekend.
But what a bummer that the Broncos lost. I was really rooting for them.
I was so bummed I decided to make banana muffins.
Which turned out absolutely delicious…
Banana Muffins recipe (makes 6)
- 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1.5 large bananas, mashed
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1/2 egg, beaten
- 1/6 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat muffin pans with non-stick spray, or use paper liners. Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- Combine bananas, sugar, egg, and melted butter in a large bowl. Fold in flour mixture, and mix until smooth. Scoop into muffin pans.
- Bake in preheated oven. Bake mini muffins for 10 to 15 minutes, and large muffins for 25 to 30 minutes. Muffins will spring back when lightly tapped.